posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

Default Real life danger...

mr.b wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:01:37 -0800, Tim wrote:

another article says:

"...Laura Gainey, 25, was swept off the Picton Castle on Friday night. She
wasn't wearing a life jacket or a survival suit...."

Tells a lot right there. I doubt if they find her.

I'm really not trying to blame the victim. But in a storm, it would
have been wiser to wear protective gear, especially the high tech that
joe is talking about. And I would think that a ship with that type of
class and budget should have it on board.

I'm saying in that type of situation, that when you think you're safe,
you're probably not.

It's misfortunate, regardless...