BarelyAwake BarelyAwake is offline

Default Ascender/Descender instead of bosun's chair

Thanks, guys, for your input. I had intended to use one of the halyards as
a safety belay. I've seen photos of men at the top of a mast, held by one
line and no backup. This seems foolish, especially considering that there
is always another halyard just sitting there, waiting to be used as a
backup. I like the idea having the harness or bosun's chair attached to a
primary winch serving as a method of descent. Attaching the bosun's chair
to one ascender and a loop for the feet to the other ascender seems like a
great idea for a lazy, middle-aged man like me! I'll give these methods a
try.