posted to rec.boats.building
Richard van den Berg Richard van den Berg is offline

Default Boat Engines

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:05:13 GMT Steve Morrisby
) wrote:
[-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 56 lines --]

Ah yes!. I did not consider that the marine engine is continuous
duty. Considering that fact the cost is probably justified.

That's open for discussion.;-)

Referring to Max Camirands posting, I also wondered about air
cooling. Deutz built a fine range of air cooled engines, and it would
keep the boat nice and warm!.

If you like the engineroom smell, then it's allright, it's not my
choice. Running airducts is a matter of space, gen-sets are somehow that
way built.

But I am still up against the continuous duty problem.

I see that more as a sale/warranty figure. A displacing ship with more
than 5 hp/ton has enough power, equipped with the right prop of course.

--
Richard
e-mail: vervang/replace invalid door/with NL.net