posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Dogs on board

Molesworth wrote:
How do people cater for dogs on voyages? How do they do the sanitation
thing? Do dogs enjoy/hate sailing?

We have a Lab/Basset cross and am wondering how she'll get on on board.

All advice, experiences gratefully received.

Molesworth

I recently met a woman who is quite the expert on cruising with dogs.

Jessica Stone has sailed many thousands of miles with her dog (Kip
McSnip), including across the Pacific. Her three seminars at our recent
boat show were the best attended sessions at the show, (the local
association has signed her up to do a total of six seminars at the next
show in January). She gave me an advance (proof) copy of her
forthcoming book, and while I'm not a dog owner the information in the
book appears to be very useful and insightful. (We will be running a
book review, written by one of our freelance writers who cruises with a
dog and can better evaluate the merits of the advice.)

Some of the proceeds from her book are earmarked for a local "no-kill"
animal shelter.

Additional information available at:

http://www.doggyondeck.com/