Larry Larry is offline

Default Slip fees

Jeff wrote in
:

The only thing I didn't like was
that the transient docks were a long hike from shore - when the
welcoming dock hand showed up on a bicycle, we knew we were in the
boonies. Charleston was one of our favorite cites in the south, my
wife still wants to move there. (My preference is Key West.)

Thank you. The wife has excellent taste. It's still a beautiful, old
city, though our developers are trying hard to destroy it for short-term
profit, very stupidly.

I love Key West....not as much as I used to in 1967 when USS Everglades
(AD-24) was there, but it's still fine. They're much smarter in Key
West.

Lionheart is the Amel on J-dock. If you walk any further from the
parking lot, you'll be in the drink. K-dock is the worst, not the
transient dock. Someone swimming from J to K beats someone riding on an
electric scooter the long way around by 6 minutes! Parking a 6' draft
inside the seawall, closer to the Charleston YC is suicide. A hundred
slips are now only underwater at high tide. Walking from the parking
lot, notice the two most beautiful Hinckley jet diesel boats on the
planet....sitting in the MUD below half tide. I don't care how rich
their owners are, they should walk the plank for treating them like
that...just so they don't have to walk to deep water further out.

Just because they have money, doesn't mean they're not STUPID!

Let me know when you return. Many transients from Europe to Hawaii have
enjoyed my taxi service and tour experience. Always glad to meet new
people.

I took some Quebec and French yachties to a little redneck barbecue place
in a small town out of Charleston. I'm not sure if they liked it,
though, they only had 3 plates, each. I do know it was the first time
French had been spoken in Ridgeville, SC! French brought the place to a
standstill!...just to listen...(c;

Larry
--
Why is it, in any city, all traffic lights act as if they have rotary
timers in them, like they did in 1955, and are all set to create