Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Slip fees

Looks rather cheap by Boston standards. No one goes by monthly rates
here; its always quoted by the season. Rates for the 6 month summer
season is well over $100 per foot for all of the marinas close to the
city - $140 in several, $180 in the fancy one downtown. Even the
"less desirable" marinas have crept up in price as they got filled and
are now over a hundred. Plus most carefully measure and charge for
the bow roller or davit, or charge for what the slip is "rated for."
Electricity is metered, live aboards get extra fees, etc.

We left the first marina we were in when the best parking they could
offer was a discount in a lot a half mile away. The second had no
slips that could handle a cat, the third was industrial and cheaper
but we had to move when they started dredging. Now we're a ways out
of the city, but closer to the water we like, the rates are a tad
cheaper and its a friendly crowd so we're happy.

We liked the Charleston City Marina and stayed there about 3 weeks.
They have and easy bus stop that gets you downtown in a few minutes;
we got shuttle rides to the market. The only thing I didn't like was
that the transient docks were a long hike from shore - when the
welcoming dock hand showed up on a bicycle, we knew we were in the
boonies. Charleston was one of our favorite cites in the south, my
wife still wants to move there. (My preference is Key West.)

Did they ever deal with the shoaling issue, or are they going to sell
the first few rows of slips as new waterfront land?

Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote in
:

Closer to $10 or $12 here in SWFL.

http://www.charlestoncitymarina.com/rates.cfm
Set your coffee down before clicking. Be seated.
Noone on heart medicine, weak hearts, shortness of breath please.

The city's bureaucrats thinks this is Monaco or the South of France or
Honolulu. Mayor Riley (longest running mayor in history) does, too!

Florida is CHEAP! But, again, Florida has A-Ocean or B-DITCH slowly
filling in with sand. Why would anyone go to Florida in a BOAT??

Take heart, dear ones, though. The housing market is COLLAPSING under its
own load and I think this house of cards will, too, as the moneyed rich
dump 'em. It costs $5-10M to live on desirable waterfront here, now. Only
the drug kingpins can afford it. The real estate industry has already
ruined Charleston....Damned Carpetbaggers!

Everyone gets rich buying and selling houses, right??