posted to rec.boats.building
bowgus bowgus is offline

Default Boat Engines

Steve Morrisby wrote:
Hi there

I have been looking at the UK market for a 75HP marine inboard engine. Those
that look good are products from Volvo, Betamarine and Lombardini, but what
a price!. I struggle with the fact that my new car cost less than one of
these and that got me to thinking if I could do it myself.

What are the pitfalls in "marineising" a good used truck engine, are
aftermarket kits sold and what about marrying the gearbox to the engine bell
housing.

OT: it would be easier imo to get a used marine engine, tear it down,
and rebuild it ... than to buy all those marine parts (wet exhaust
parts etc etc) you'd have to get to bolt onto that truck engine.