[email protected] flb51notthis@comcast.net is offline

Default Boat for single hander

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:57:12 +1100, "JohnM"
wrote:

I'm looking for a suitable boat for single handed cruising the

Bahamas for a
year then up the East coast and eventually across to the

Mediteranian. I
realize many sailors single hand with guests or spouses aboard but I

will
have more than myself aboard only on rare occasions, and perhaps in

port. I
was thinking of Beneteau 35 or similar. Would this be enough boat to

be safe
and comfortable.Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi John,

I single hand all the time in a boat of similar size. I am
familiar with the beneteau 35. Most of the are rigged with all lines
in the cockpit. This is important for single handlers. As far as
comfort, that depends upon your definition of comfort. Beneteau's are
comfortable, but I would be looking for things like watermakers,
genet, solar and wind gen that I rarely see on a Beneteau. FWIW

-Lee