posted to alt.sailing.asa
Paladin Paladin is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*... more VAT

"Dave" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 23:36:37 -0500, "Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www said:

Rebates are unworkable.

So I guess the European mechanisms for refunding VAT to tourists are just so
many more dead trees.

If you are trying to sound like an fool, you are doing a decent job of it.

VAT taxes are only refunded to tourists who take themselves and their purchases out of the country.
Tourist pay VAT on goods and services of which they avail themselves while in country and these taxes
are not refundable.

Doing the paperwork on small items taken out of the country isn't generally worth the time. However,
if you are buying a yacht and shipping or sailing it out of the country it is. But, this is entirely different
than an American having to document every good or service he used from year to year and requesting a refund
based upon the fact he purchased everything with retirement fund money. Good luck with that.

Now, Dave, it is high time I told you to shut your pie hole. Please spare yourself further embarrassment and
discontinue future displays of stupidity.

Paladin
(Have gun - will travel)