posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default !!

"JimC" wrote in message
et...
Jeff, as previously stated, the Mac 26M is well suited for the conditions
experienced by most sailors 95% of the time. And I haven't read of any
instances in which a Mac skipper was caught offshore in heavy weather that
prevented him from making it back to shore. It's a coastal cruiser, and I
have never claimed that it was suitable for extended crossings,
live-aboards, trips to Mexico, or the like.

Maybe they're smarter than we think?

At 40-kts., the Mac would not be comfortable, but it would make it back to
shore. Incidentally, what would you do if your cat flipped over off the
crest of a wave offshore and turtled? That wouldn't happen in the Mac,
which would simply ride down the wave and pop back up again.

I don't think you can know this for certain. I think it's a wishful guess,
since you would never get out in those conditions.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com