posted to alt.sailing.asa
Paladin Paladin is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*... more VAT

"Dave" wrote in message ...

Joe, I think you just identified the central problem with the guy's
argument. Rather than talk about why he thinks income tax or some other tax
is better than VAT, he quibbles about the details of getting from one system
to the other. It's a bit like saying "I don't care how great heaven is. It's
not worth considering because I don't see an easy way to get from here to
there."

Do you realize how naive you sound? You would willy-nilly implement a new tax system without
studying every single ramification? You are a liberal without a doubt. If it feels good do it. Is
that right?

As for not being worth considering, I am considering aspects of a consumption tax nobody else
is even aware of at this point. That's more than you are doing though you decry the lack, thereof.
Your logic is as faulty as your intellect, sir.

Paladin
(Have gun - will travel)