Larry Larry is offline

Default pc LED screen for radar?

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in
:

One more point to the assumption that an inexpensive radar will
deliver better resolution with a larger screen, it will not. An
inexpensive radar performs poorly. It is unreasonable to expect
otherwise. Before buying a radar, write down on a piece of paper your
minimum expectations as to target discrimination, the softest target
you expect to see and in what sea state. Then go test the radars
available in those conditions. If everyone did that, nobody would buy
inexpensive radars. Steve

You boys keep this up and some of our Chinese friends will get interested
and deliver you a full range, high resolution 4KW radome that terminates
in a 12V cable and a USB plug with a CDR marked RADAR/CHARTPLOTTER on it
and we can cut the NMEA crap....right out of the circuit.

I'm watching high-resolution digital television on my 15.2" laptop
monitor off a USB dongle that has a USB connector on one end and an "F"
coax connector going up to a little UHF antenna outside as I type this.
Pick the most expensive DTV at Circuit City. That's exactly what it
looks like....for $99....

Radar would be EASY in comparison.....

and probably street priced at $399, maggie and all...After all, Chinese
have perfectly good working 2KW, 2450 Mhz microwave ovens down to $19.95!

They can't be any worse than that damned 2KW Raymarine that's all
corroded up like hell, AGAIN!
Maybe if I mount it on a hotplate I can boil the water out of
it....hmm...