posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:15:11 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

That's a tougher question.

Let me get this straight. You're against compulsory payment of union dues,
but maybe for compulsory union membership. I.e. maybe people should be
required to join the union but not have to pay union dues?

I said compulsory dues are wrong-minded, but I was thinking of how they're
used... e.g., for political campaigns, which was an issue a few years ago.
Obviously, if you're a member, you need to pay dues to fund the union.

I am not sure about the requirement to join a union to work. It's a mixed
bag of protection and obligation. I've seen, as I said, both sides of it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com