NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default Rough estimates of miles per day sailing...

After considerable thought and analysis ... I come up with = = 20 miles per
day.

The number could be much higher if: I didn't get up so late, decide to
make coffee and have a bagel, read the local paper of whatever town I am
moored in, spend time talking to numerous other sailors about such things as
moorings, docks, the nice ass on the girl in the marina ,,,

Then,,, I get her ready. Put this away, put that away, test this, test
that, make sure there is fuel, check the weather, talk on the marine radio
because it is fun, play with the dinghy, get out the charts, set up my
"sailor cd/radio/tape player", call over to other boats as to where they are
heading, ... have another cup of coffee ,, go below and clean up ... row in
to use the men's room at the marina with the girl with the nice ass ,,,

Finally set sail.

Sail for 4-6 hours. At 4-5 knots. Go approximately 20 miles but never in
the direction I want to go in because the wind is all wrong.

Check my handy Cruising Guide to the Maine Coast ..

Pick out a nice anchorage.

Sail in, start motor, drop hook.

Pour myself a cold diet pepsi.

Have an appetizer.

Pick out a movie for the evening and set up the DVD Player ..

Relax.

20 miles...

Anymore than that would be tough.

Its time to go lie down.
"AMPowers" wrote in message
news
Hey all,

Can anyone provide a link to references regarding reasonable mileage made
good for a given 24 hour period of sailing. I've heard estimates ranging
from 50 to 100 nautical miles per twenty four hour period for monohulls
and 75 to 150 nautical miles per twenty four hour period for catamarans.
This is assuming "delivery" style sailing, no stopping for pleasure, etc.
It also presumes that the winds are relatively favorable, not beating
upwind.

Any opinions, experience or actual data would be greatly appreciated.