posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

Dave wrote:
I don't think I lined up in favor of anything.

OK, my mistake. I thought you were advocating the VAT as a
way of propping up gov't revenue in the wake of a flat tax.

VAT does have, in addition to the problem I identified earlier, the problem
that increases in the tax rate may be less visible to the ultimate payer
than is the income tax.

I believe I already mentioned that, along with a few other
implications.

.... Of course
that notion may also be approaching quaint as we are nearly at the point
where 50% of Americans pay no income tax.

They shouldn't be called "Americans."
Citizenship should be reserved for those who pay for it!

DSK