AMPowers AMPowers is offline

Default Rough estimates of miles per day sailing...

Wayne.B wrote:

How much experience do you have with the boat? What is your typical
"off the wind" speed? Is your crew good enough to sail it well 24
hours a day?

It is a relatively new boat for us (owned it less than a year) and our
first catamaran. During our last cruise (over 500 miles) we averaged
about 125 nautical miles a day, but that was with an inexperienced crew
and we were beating to weather. I'd like to believe we should do better
this trip as we are running with the wind for a majority of it and the
crew will consist of several more seasoned sailors - but we also tend to
sail conservatively (always reef the main at night, don't push the boat
or crew, don't allow it to be overpowered, etc.)

Mostly I'd like to get some sense of what others expect/anticipate when
planning their voyages to verify that mine estimates are reasonable.