posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gilligan Gilligan is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:25:10 -0700, "Gilligan"

wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:20:58 -0700, "Gilligan"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
When you live on expensive property, you pay property tax mostly based
on
the market value (assessment). Is this not the case where you live?

Property tax is also reduced if one is 65 or older.

It is? Everywhere?

CWM

Here's just property tax reductions for South Dakota:

http://www.state.sd.us/drr2/propspec...rty/relief.htm

New York:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/pro...dividual.shtml

Tennessee:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/pro...dividual.shtml

Massachussetts:

http://www.massretirees.com/state-pr...elopments.html

California:

http://www.aging.state.ca.us/html/wh..._programs.html

Texas:

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/se...6/e051906a.htm

Gee that covers a large percentage of the population of the US, doesn't
it?

Actually, as far as proerty tax relief for those over 65 it does not. Can
you
figure out why? It's REALLY tricky!

CWM

I've got my thinking cap on but nothing is happening!

Let me try to understand what you are saying - are you saying that even
though there is property tax relief on the lawbooks for those over 65 it is
really not property tax relief?

Help me on this one Krusty, the propeller is spinning on my thinking cap but
no sparks are flying. At least give me a clue. You know I love trick
questions.

Did you like your Xmas present? How would you fix that hot tub chemistry?