posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Matt O'Toole Matt O'Toole is offline

Default Electric fuel pump for a diesel

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 03:52:04 +0000, Jere Lull wrote:

In article ,
Matt O'Toole wrote:

A 28' sailboat needs only a small day tank -- 5 gallons is plenty.

That may be too big. Our main tank is 12 gallons and except for
passage-making, that's good for a season. Motoring hard, it's 3-days'
worth, 4 at low cruise.

All the more reason to do it! All you need is a container big enough to
hold what you'd use in one day. After cruising on a couple of boats with
gravity feed day tanks, I'm convinced it's the only way to go.

Another advantage is you can filter/polish the fuel as it's being
transferred.

Matt O.