posted to alt.satellite.gps.garmin,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,sci.geo.satellite-nav
[email protected] dold@76.usenet.us.com is offline

Default Google Earth versin 4 and Mapsource

In sci.geo.satellite-nav Jerry M wrote:

Frank have you updated MapSource to 6.11.6? It works perfect with
google earth version 3.0.0762. It did not work right with 6.11.5. I did
not try it with newer versions of google earth that are beta versions.

That's doubly interesting.

First, 6.11.6 is marked as November 20, 2006 on the download page, but my
6.11.5 was installed on November 22, and was the latest download available
on the site on that date. My version currently notes that there are no
updates available if I invoke the help-"check for software update".

Second, the 6.11.5 didn't work even prior to the snafu with Google Earth
4.0.2416 2006-10-31?

I never launched Google Earth from Mapsource until this posting came up,
although the latest of the 4.x betas did break the opening of GPX files
that I had exported in the past from various programs.

--
---