posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Electric fuel pump for a diesel

Ansley W. Sawyer wrote:
I went to my local auto parts store and said that I wanted a 12volt
diesel fuel pump. They said that they had them for trucks. Worked
great.

As long as you keep salt water off of it, it's hard to imagine that the pump
would have any way of knowing it was in a boat instead of a truck. Come to
think of it, being inside the engine room of a boat is probably easier duty
than being under the hood of a semi-truck. Those engines hang out in the
weather and road salt even more than boat engines usually do.

-- Roger Long