DSK DSK is offline

Default Westsail 32 - opinions

And the funny thing is, your area was the birthplace of the
ultra-light displacement flyer.

Wayne.B wrote:
Actually the most famous ULDBs came from the Santa Cruz area which is
a bit south from SF Bay and has much lighter conditions.

OK, I stand corrected. However, ULDB's are quite popular on
SF Bay, they're for more than just drifting around

And FWIW I agree about the optimism with regard to speed.
The Westsail is one of the slower crab-crushers and while
it's a common crab-crusher fantasy to say "My boat is faster
than all those lightweight clorox bottles, once the wind
gets up enough for REAL sailing," my experience has been
that as long as the LW clorox sailor is competent & not
anchored, the fast boat is always faster... upwind,
downwind... blow high, blow low. OTOH it's nice to not
bounce so much in waves.

DSK