Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Westsail 32 - opinions

For a solo sailor, or a not-overly-large couple,
the boat is perfect.

I agree to some degree, but your boat is really quite capable of an
ocean voyage, is also very solidly built and is a LOT more fun to sail.

The question comes as to whether the W32 is overbuilt or grotesquely
overbuilt. An off the rack Caliber or Island Packet is probably just as
capable, more fun to sail and a lot more pleasing to be aboard much of
the time. Of course I'm a Long Island Sound sailor where such boats,
even Cape Dory's are thought of as motorsailors. Finally...does one buy
a vessel for typcial sailing conditions or the Perfect Storm?

Robert B
Beneteau 35s5
NY