posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Abstinence?

"katy" wrote
I am 54 years old. In my family that means I ahve lived only approcimately half my life.

Oh no, fifty more years of typos...... I might have to unsubscribe :-)

Wjat would you like to know about sailing that hasn't already been said here?

Anything anybody wants to talk about if it's about sailing is good. More things about
destinations is good. Sailing itself is great but good destinations is icing on the cake.

Want to hear how shallow the Neuse Tiver is and how we have to keep a constant watch on the depth gaige to make sure
we don't go aground?

That's a start. But how's about going out of the river into the ocean. You don't
have to worry about it being too shallow in the ocean.

Or how about that there's a parade of lights thingy that Hatteras sponsors that everyone decorates their boats for?

That's boring. Lighted boat parades are dumb. Leave it to motor boaters to think of
that sort of thing.

Or that my boat is, and always has been, better than yours.

My boat only draws two feet. I don't have to worry about how shallow it is in the
Neuse Tiver :-) or any other river. So when you say your boat's better I can ask better
for what? I can sail in shallows without worrying. It sounds like you have to worry.
That can't be fun.....
Tell us about that little harbor in Okracoke near the lighthouse. Can you still go in there
and tie up to the docks? Is the beach up to the lighthouse yet? What about Cape Lookout. Is
it still nice to sail in that harbor? Have you ever anchored there and seen the sun set over
the ocean?

Cheers,
Ellen