KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Winterizing...

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:43:11 -0600, KLC Lewis wrote:

The error here is in thinking that there is a "normal" state to the
Earth.

nothing in what Roger posted suggested a "normal" state to the Earth

We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part
of that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice

true, but you aren't ignoring the dissolved gas evidence in ice core
samples at both poles that indicate that this current rise and rate of
rise of temperature is beyond anything recorded in those samples are you?
And that CO2, primarily as a result of fossil fuel burning by us clever
tool-making monkeys is the cause. Of course the gullible and weak-minded
acolytes of the flathead from Texas will attribute the real cause
to bovine flatulence; yet another insidious plot of international
terrorism

Interesting position -- anyone who doesn't sign-on to "Humans are the cause
of global warming" is gullible and weak-minded, and/or a Bu****e?

Do humans *contribute* to increased CO2 levels? Naturally. But the primary
cause of global warming remains, IMO, natural fluctuations that we are
powerless to alter.

Forget the cows. It's the termites we need to worry about. ;-)