posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default Knots being phased out?

"Chuck Gould" wrote in
ps.com:

Sometimes a depth sounder is appropriate in the showroom, where it has
been known to get piled up pretty deep indeed. :-)

Have some fun with the boat salesman in the Sperry shoes.

Point to any piece of electronics on the new boat and ask, "Can you show me
how this works?"

The sonar WILL ping the floor under the trailer, but the reading will be
wrong and no fish will show up, no matter how long he watches it.

Another fun thing to do is to put the radar digital display in DEMO mode
and ask him how come it can see targets so far away through the sheet metal
walls of the show room....(c;

For some reason, I'm not welcome in showrooms any more....

Larry
--
If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?