posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Abstinence?

"katy" wrote
Why do you laugh? Did you know that the greatest risk in the US is for young black women in heterosexual
relationships? That's also where the most out-of-wedlock baby producton is.... So abstinence is a good message to
preach since birth control won't do anything about AIDS (except for condoms and that's as risky as using them for
preganancy). I don't believe he's denying that medical research has to proceed to help find a cure. He's just stating
that abstinence would slow down an increase of the disease in the population. Sometimes your cynicism is galling, OZ.

Finally something we can agree on. Abstinence is a good start but how about
fidelity if you can't or don't want to abstain. If two people get tested before they
have sex and if they're HIV negative then they can have all the safe sex they want
together. But they've gotta be faithful. BTW I fixed your mistakes. The one's my
spell checker missed. Why don't you get a spell checker?

Cheers,
Ellen