posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] jonett6@yahoo.com is offline

Default European Union DIrective

On edit

What effect this has on shipping depends upon the IMO Conventions. As
international agreements they require the EU to bend their rules to
accomodate them.

I havn't found confirmation. But I think Licenced Navigators are
Required to record there speeds, intended and Actual, on the Chart in
Knots. Under the Course line with the heading in degrees above the
course line. Which makes the use of instruments indicating speed in
knots necessary.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 1 Dec 2006 14:46:20 -0800, "
wrote:

Another failed EU initiative. Bet the French were behind it. :)

Worse The EU Parliament

Effective 2010 you package marked 5KG (11LB) is Illegal in Europe.
I am sure the bureaucrats there would be perfectly happy forcing the
worlds meritime services to start computing everythin in Meters per
Second. And will disavow any responsibility for any collisions,
groundings etc. that result.

http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasure...tive_20102.pdf