posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Bob Bob is offline

Default Knots being phased out?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 1 Dec 2006 06:48:41 -0800, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

This is true. USCG is reporting that the term and nautical application
of "knot" will be replaced in 2014 by Grek-Gohk!, which is the Klingon
unit equal to .987, .878, and .799 miles depending on sea conditions.

ROTFL!!!

I wonder what that would be in Ferengi units of measure.

Or Vulcan units of measure.

For Vulcan measurments check out these great Vuls ! The BB team is a
bit rough but gotta love the VB team!!!!! At least I do.

http://vulcans.uhh.hawaii.edu/

Also be advised that Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 6 requires:
Every vessel shall at all times proceed at a safe speed measured in KPH
so that she can take proper and effective action to acquire, take, or
possess anything of value appropriate to the prevailing circumstances
and conditions.