Harlan Lachman Harlan Lachman is offline

Default Mosquito Net, or Whatever to cover the companionway .. question

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:18:19 -0500, Harlan Lachman
said:

I don't like the idea of a hatchboard in the companionway because you
cannot leave the hatch cover open and I love ventilation in the summer
especially if I am sharing the space with another person.

Dunno what your hatch boards look like, but I've got two. The lower one
holds the bottom of the netting in place.

Dave, I should have specified I was talking about a sailboat. The
vertical board which is (almost) always removable can easily be replaced
with a cut to size-framed mosquito net. However, in order to accommodate
fat boys like me, most sailboats also add a horizontal slider to
facilitate access to the cabin. Inserting a screened mosquito netted
hatch board into this opening would be problematic for the reasons I
wrote. Hence, my use of oversized netting taped over this space (and as
another brilliant poster noted, held in place in the cockpit with winch
handles).

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?