posted to rec.boats.paddle
Harvey Harvey is offline

Default Rack advice for 2006/2007 Civic?

The parts are cheaper so the final price only ends up being $10 more.

Apparently, one significant benefit of the permanent install is that,
aside from the "landing pads" which the towers connect to, the rack is
easier to remove than the clips.

On Nov 30, 9:03 am, " wrote:
He's going to bore 8 holes in your roof, install hardware, and charge
you $10? This is hard to believe. BTW, rivets through sheet metal isn't
the most secure mounting system in the world.

Steve

On Nov 28, 8:13 pm, "Harvey Rogers" wrote:

On Nov 28, 3:59 pm, Steve Cramer wrote:

Is there something special about a 2006 Civic roof? I think maybe your
installer is angling for some increased profits. I think Yakimas are
good products.

The price of the permanent install is only $10 more, so my guess is
that his advice isn't profit driven. I don't know about the specifics
of the Civic's roof--that's just what the guy told me.