posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

"Walt" wrote in message

The problem lies in that the tax rate changes depening on how you make the
money. If you *earn* it by *working* it's taxed at a higher rate than if
you obtain it without working. That's my main beef with the tax system.

A guy who busts his ass working as a plumber or a ditch digger pays a
higher rate than a guy who makes much more flipping condos or bonds.

Oh really??? Did you conveniently omit the capital gains tax, or just
forget about it.

And the guy who makes money flipping condos in turn pays a higher rate
than the lucky offspring of the well to do who "earn" their fortune simply
by virtue of outliving their parents.

The heirs don't "earn" anything. They inherit the money their progenitors
have *already paid taxes upon.* So you'd tax that money again? Why?

Plus, workers whose salary is more than $90k don't pay FICA on the amount
over that. If you make money via dividends or capital gains, no FICA is
due at all.

What's the problem with that?? When those individuals collect their SS
benefits down the road, they won't collect any additional money beyond the
max level based upon what they paid in.

Oh wait--you're in favor of punitive taxation. I almost forgot.

Max