posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
No. They're citizens and should pay their fair share.

I agree completely. Speak first with George Soros, who sequesters his
billions in offshore numbered accounts in order to escape the punitive
taxation the rich suffer.

Here's the problem, Jon. If you tax the rich equitably, most pay their
taxes without protest. When you tax them punitively, they shelter their
earnings and end up paying very little. The rich didn't get that way by
being stupid--they got that way by being greedy and resourceful. Do you
honestly believe raising taxes on such people will produce more revenue?
Historically it has had the opposite effect. In fact, raising taxes for all
classes beyond a certain point will have exactly the opposite of the desired
effect of increasing revenue. I hope I don't have to explain that to you.

Max