Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Mosquito Net, or Whatever to cover the companionway .. question

NE Sailboat wrote:
Last summer, along the coast of Maine, I was anchored in a couple of spots
that had mosquito's the size of turkeys.

I want to be prepared this summer .::: what do you all do about the
companionway to keep out the mosquitos?

I have been thinking of making a couple of companionway sliding screens ..
haven't figured out the method yet.

Any help? Thoughts?

On my previous boat I had hatchboards that had screens in them. They
were essentially frames to hold the screen. The new boat has a
powerboat style "patio door" so we were able to put in a roll up
screen door. However this won't work for most monohull hatches.

On a overhead hatches, we've added a mess of these and really love them:
http://uk.oceanair.co.uk/da/10495

We got ours at:
www.SSFabricProducts.com

about $150 and well worth it.