Garland Gray II Garland Gray II is offline

Default Mosquito Net, or Whatever to cover the companionway .. question

Well if the mosquitos are that big.just leave your hatch half way closed
But for regular mosquitos and no-see-ums, you can get the proper fabric from
Campmor.
I think a lot of folks just drape an oversize panel over the companionway
with fitted dowel rods to either support or weight the screen.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Last summer, along the coast of Maine, I was anchored in a couple of
spots that had mosquito's the size of turkeys.

I want to be prepared this summer .::: what do you all do about the
companionway to keep out the mosquitos?

I have been thinking of making a couple of companionway sliding screens
.. haven't figured out the method yet.

Any help? Thoughts?

Durned of those buggers ain't smart enough to come in through any cracks
you might leave between the screen and the frame. So I am thinking that
using Velcro would be the best bet -- but probably annoying to constantly
open and close.