posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,uk.rec.boats.motor
withheld withheld is offline

Default 2 stroke / 4 stroke advice

Were you running vehicle development programs at that time also?
If so please tell us what programs you worked on and what results you had.

If you were, then you know all about the MEPS, Pathmore and Challenge
vehicles and probably remember when that one became a smoking hole in
the Lodge freeway on its way to do a demonstration to congressmen
assembled at Cobo during SAE week. Best line ever ..... Smith, the
executive head of the program got up to the podium to introduce the
vehicle (while the DFD was trying still working) and said “I really wish
I didn’t have to apologize for the failure of this breakthrough vehicle
to make an appearance, but I have just been informed that there has been
some technical difficulty that indicates that more development may be
required.” - My own very personal “Houston, We have a problem.”

With the total loss of the only program vehicle with all the prototype
hardware and then the finding that this type of casualty would be very
difficult to prevent, the program was buried. For 100,000$ in small
unmarked bills, can you tell me where it went and what it became?

The pictures that I took then have been released. The problem is that
if I post them somewhere, then I and some associates (they are still in
the industry) could be identified and this might not go well for them
(me - I do give a **** any more.)

I never though I would get to the point where I enjoyed taking the time
to recount these stories.

Thank You

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:24:51 -0500, withheld
wrote:

Oh - Charlie,

This is great view of the mistaken common mythology. There were a huge
number of individual vehicle that did just that and as early as 1970. I
had two in my own lab.

I drove and tested that car and the CVCC Vega too. The Nova was not
production feasable at that time (the opinion of a famous think tank),
and Honda would license the CVCC design for about ~100$/per vehicle (not
including the increased manufacturing cost (remember - this was a 2k$
base vehicle).

You are so full of it your eyes are brown.

CWM