basskisser

Default What is your fuel consumption?

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ink.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

nk.net...
"DSK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
I run a Jetcraft 21' Bluewater and get about 1.75-2 mpg depending on
throttle opening.

Dang, we measure fuel in gallons per hour (1.75 on our last trip). Of
course, we burn diesel and only go about 8 knots.

Speed costs!

Fair Skies
Doug King

Speed is addictive. Why I drove a Corvette when I raced sports cars.

So you could be slow? There are, and were, many, many sports cars, in
racing trim faster than a 'vette.

1966. But in racing trim those other cars / sports racers were much more
costly. When the 911B came out, the cost jumped to $30k for a race ready
car. This from the $7k range. I almost bought a Ferrari GTO. They were
available after the Datona race for $5500. Did not buy it, as I figured I
could not afford to replace a ZF trannie. Bad decision. Most collectable
Ferrari. Highest price paid during the 90's boom was $16.5 million. Would
have been are really fantastic ROI.

As I said, there were many, many faster sports cars in 66 than a
vette. You didn't even mention McLaren