posted to rec.boats.paddle
Harvey Rogers Harvey  Rogers is offline

Default Rack advice for 2006/2007 Civic?

Hi All:

I'll be buying a new Civic sometime in the next few months. I'm going
with the sedan primarily for greater rack stability. I just spoke to a
guy at a specialty rack shop who said he didn't recommend the Yakima Q
Tower setup for the new Civics, as there's a chance the rack will fly
off the car. He said the best option is a custom Yakima install, and
the second best is a standard Thule setup.

Anyone have any experience with putting racks on these new (2006+)
Civics? I'm not thrilled about the idea of putting rivets in my brand
new car for a custom rack, but if that's a significantly safer option,
I suppose I could do it.

Any advice or wisdom is appreciated. If it makes a difference, the
rack will primarily be used for one or more whitewater boats.

Thanks,

Harvey