posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default OT / My pet peeve *fatties*

DSK said:
It's also the result of the profit motive: large
corporations are making lots of money

Dave wrote:
Ah, Doug has the solution again. Don't ban fat--ban profits.

Ah, Dave goes for the ad-hominem again.

Did I say that?

At most, I suggested that the gov't banning competition &
free markets from the sugar business had helped create the
situation of Americans consuming such tremendous amounts of
sugar.

I got the idea you were in favor of free markets?

In the ideal world, people would look at the advertisements
for cheesburgers & fatty salty snacks and say "no thanks,
I'm not hungry just now." In the real world, advertising
works. Kinda scary if you think about it.

DSK