posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Which is in your survival kit?

DSK wrote:
"There are two thing one should not witness being made: sausage and
legislation." - Otto von Bismarck

katysails wrote:

Yuh...you ever seen scrapple pans set out for ehad cheese? Truly
disgusting..I liked the stuff until I saw it being made...

Needs a different name. "Head Cheese" just doesn't sound appetizing. How
about "Fromage De La Tete"?

Ut's aptly named...I walked into the ktichen where the hog's head was
sitting in an ild galvanized tub...whole thing went into the pot,
eyeballs, grains and all...blech....

I happen to like liverworst, but I do not want to see how it's made.
Unlike sweet potato pie, I'm never going to make any myself, so I don't
need to know!

Luver doesn't bother me and I've made pate several times...Mr Sails,
however, has this thing about it...first time I brought some home from
the grocery he pciked up the container, wlked out to the deck, flung it
out nto the yard and yelled "Here kitty kitty.." Was the oly time he
ever fed the cat....

DSK