Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default wondering .. do you have a TV on board? How ....

"Larry" wrote in message
"NE Sailboat" wrote in news:gt6ah.4419$Kw2.3963
@trndny05:

TV Onboard Report ::; from the sailor who started this madness.

Got a laptop computer?

Feh, jack of all trades, master of none. For something simple like watching
a movie using a laptop sucks compared to a plain old portable DVD player.
The DVD players don't have to boot (or have an entirely crappy BIOS player).
That and portable DVD players generally have *considerably* better battery
life than laptops. Finally, one's spouse, family, friends and/or children
can generally use a portable DVD player entirely without assistance. Never
underestimate the value of simple devices.

I've got laptops and know how to use them. I greatly prefer a plain DVD
player instead.