DSK DSK is offline

Default Toilet orientation

"JimB" wrote
Ah. I can tell you all about that. Got airborne when butting through the
wake of a high speed ferry. Landed off centre. Pedestal broke off at the
base . . . need I say more?

Four stitches.

I bet the embarassment hurt even worse.

The real answer is two heads, one each side of the vessel, each set
athwartships. For serious work, you can then inhabit the downhill one, and
rest in peace with your back against the bulkhead. Much better than being
pitched nose forward from the uphill one, pants around your ankles . . .
need I say more?

Broken nose and dignity.
--

Makes heaving-to for a potty break sound very sensible! Not
an option when racing though, it's bad enough when you are

KLC Lewis wrote:
Say no more. This brings to mind my ultimate head installation idea: The
Gimballed Head. I've never seen it done, and it would have significant
problems to overcome for hose connections, but it could make for a very
peaceful "pause that refreshes."

It would have to be fairly well aft, near the center of
rotation of the hull, and you'd want it lockable at a
selected angle. Otherwise the contents of the potty would
slosh out... more embarassment...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King