Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default I can't believe this.............

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

JohnH wrote:
On 27 Nov 2006 08:49:12 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

basskisser wrote:

So, in your dumb world, a post about Xmas lights is on topic in
rec.boats? Really? Are you really saying that?

Stranger things have happened.

I'll be rigging some holiday lights on my boat this afternoon. (They
might look a lot like some of the "Christmas Lights" mentioned in this
thread, but I couldn't find any bulbs stamped with images of a baby in
a manger or any reference to electric lights of any type in either of
the two versions of Jesus' birth in the Bible).

In the Puget Sound region, most waterfront communities have a "lighted
boat parade" during December. Very popular events, with throngs of
people jamming the shorelines to watch the
lighted boats go by.

Wish we had some of that 50 degree weather JimH is referring to. I
think western Washington and Ohio decided to swap weather for a few
days. Temps in the 20's and 30's here, over a foot of snow in
Bellingham and other northern towns. We normally experience temps in
the mid 40's this time of year, and seldom dip below freezing near sea
level.

Chuck, have you given any thought to putting a sign on your boat saying,

"These are NOT Christmas lights!"

That would prevent any confusion.

I didn't know they had electric incandescent (or LED) lights when Jesus
was allegedly born.

They did have lights. Why do lights have to be electric?