jps

Default energy policy

In article ,
says...
Ok, this isn't really off topic as the bulk of the boating discussed
on this group is by boats dependent on fuel.

I can't say I'm happy about either parties energy policy.

Bush? Clearly in the pocket of the oil interests.

Kerry? Open up the strategic oil reserves to lower prices. That
sounds just a bit like pandering for votes rather than facing the
issue.

Two things:

One, he voted once ten years ago to raise taxes on fuel. Much has been
made of a short dalliance, which has never since been revisited.

Two, Kerry is advocating diverting present contributions to the
strategic oil reserves to the refineries. I haven't heard him advocate
on behalf of using the present reserves, but perhaps I've missed
something.

jps