KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Toilet orientation

"JimB" wrote in message

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message news:KpKdnY7Qx-
I should note that I've seen more than one or two boats that had the head
mounted fore-and-aft, centerline, in the bow. While this takes great
advantage of space, I shudder to think of using that head underway in any
kind of chop.

Ah. I can tell you all about that. Got airborne when butting through the
wake of a high speed ferry. Landed off centre. Pedestal broke off at the
base . . . need I say more?

Four stitches.

The real answer is two heads, one each side of the vessel, each set
athwartships. For serious work, you can then inhabit the downhill one, and
rest in peace with your back against the bulkhead. Much better than being
pitched nose forward from the uphill one, pants around your ankles . . .
need I say more?

Broken nose and dignity.
--
JimB
http://www.jimbaerselman.f2s.com/

Say no more. This brings to mind my ultimate head installation idea: The
Gimballed Head. I've never seen it done, and it would have significant
problems to overcome for hose connections, but it could make for a very
peaceful "pause that refreshes."