chuck chuck is offline

Default Toilet orientation

Rosalie B. wrote:
Dag Stenberg wrote:

Why is it considered better design to have the marine toilet in a
sailing yacht oriented lengthwise rather than transversely? What is your
opinion?

I didn't know that was considered better. Ours have the back to the
hull which I think is transverse (?)

I suppose if the boat is pitching, that lengthwise is easier to deal
with, but if it is rolling then transverse is easier. So the question
in my mind is which is more likely to occur.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id1.html

Pitching and rolling are factors, but what of an ocean-going sailboat
heeled to port or stbd for days or weeks at a time?

I think accessibility to hand grips, bulkheads, etc. may be more
important than orientation. On the hard or at the dock, everything looks
stable and simple.

Chuck