James James is offline

Default WATER IN THE GAS TANK

You need to get the water out. Either get an electric fuel pump as another
poster suggested. Or you can use one of the hand pumps that you use to
change the oil. As suggested the best way is to remove the sending unit.
Be really careful with it.

If the boat got a lot of water in it and the level was above the sending
unit it may have gotten in that way. The gaskets on sending units get old
and leaky.

"sonofadocker" wrote in message
oups.com...
My boat tank fill is on the top of the stern deck. The filler cap has a
tight seal with just two very small vent holes in it. My inspection
cover appears water tight because the rain water sits in this area
unless I take it out with a sponge.

My floor fuel tank is about half full 20 plus gallons. There is a
considerable amount of water in the fuel. Enough that the boat will not
start. It will only run fine from a portable tank.

Where can water enter the fuel system ?

Lastly. will a large amount ( many bottles) of dry gas treat the fuel
so I can burn it off before taking the boat out of the water.

I am in NJ and we still have great boat weather during the day. The
boat uses to much fuel to use the small portablee fuel cans.

thanks

sonofadocker