Jim Jim is offline

Default WATER IN THE GAS TANK

Remove the fuel sender and siphon the water out. Tilt the boat so the low
end of the tank is where the sender is. You must get the siphon to the
bottom of the tank. When you remove as much water as you can, finish the job
with a few bottles of WaterZorb. Replace the fuel filter as well.
Jim
"sonofadocker" wrote in message
oups.com...
My boat tank fill is on the top of the stern deck. The filler cap has a
tight seal with just two very small vent holes in it. M.y inspection
cover appears water tight because the rain water sits in this area
unless I take it out with a sponge.

My floor fuel tank is about half full 20 plus gallons. There is a
considerable amount of water in the fuel. Enough that the boat will not
start. It will only run fine from a portable tank.

Where can water enter the fuel system ?

Lastly. will a large amount ( many bottles) of dry gas treat the fuel
so I can burn it off before taking the boat out of the water.

I am in NJ and we still have great boat weather during the day. The
boat uses to much fuel to use the small portablee fuel cans.

thanks

sonofadocker