posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Adding-on to 110v shore power system.

JohnDW wrote in
:

If you can get center tapped (55-0-55v) secondary version,
which are (were-it's changing...) common for construction
sites in Europe, then the maximum voltage you'll have with
respect to "earth" is 55v, which is safer. However, in the
US, I suppose you'll have to conform to your wiring standards

US Navy ships have 115VAC outlets that are center tapped to ground for
safety like that. Not sure if that practice continues. My ship was built
in 1952...(c;

Larry
--
Guess what I want to do with the Little Drummer Boy's drum
by Christmas Eve....rrrrump..pa-pum...pum...up his bum....