Calif Bill

Default What is your fuel consumption?

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

nk.net...
"DSK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
I run a Jetcraft 21' Bluewater and get about 1.75-2 mpg depending on
throttle opening.

Dang, we measure fuel in gallons per hour (1.75 on our last trip). Of
course, we burn diesel and only go about 8 knots.

Speed costs!

Fair Skies
Doug King

Speed is addictive. Why I drove a Corvette when I raced sports cars.

So you could be slow? There are, and were, many, many sports cars, in
racing trim faster than a 'vette.

1966. But in racing trim those other cars / sports racers were much more
costly. When the 911B came out, the cost jumped to $30k for a race ready
car. This from the $7k range. I almost bought a Ferrari GTO. They were
available after the Datona race for $5500. Did not buy it, as I figured I
could not afford to replace a ZF trannie. Bad decision. Most collectable
Ferrari. Highest price paid during the 90's boom was $16.5 million. Would
have been are really fantastic ROI.