posted to alt.satellite.gps.garmin,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,sci.geo.satellite-nav
[email protected] dold@76.usenet.us.com is offline

Default Google Earth versin 4 and Mapsource

In sci.geo.satellite-nav wrote:
After upgrading my Google Earth to version 4, the "View/Show On Google
Earth" function of Mapsource does not work anymo the folders
appears there, but it is empty. Anybody know to bypass this problem,
not including the return to version 3?

The GPSBabel distributed with the new Google Earth needs to be updated.
I did this because the new Google Earth wouldn't open saved GPX files from
MapSource or ExpertGPS.

.. Tami (Masaaki) Takamiya said:
..
.. I think I found a workaround for this problem. This may have some
.. side-effects, but at least I could read my GPX files.
..
.. 1. Go to your GE install directory, typically it is
.. C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth
.. 2. Rename gpsbabel.exe to gpsbabel-1.3.1.exe
.. 3. Download GPSBabel 1.3.2 from
http://www.gpsbabel.org and
.. unzip the downloaded file
.. 4. Copy gpsbabel.exe and libexpat.dll to Google Earth install directory

I had never used Mapsource to open Google Earth. I just saved a GPX file
and opened that in GE. Today, I tried from Mapsource to GE and it worked.

I have Mapsource 6.11.5 2006-09-21, Google Earth 4.0.2416 2006-10-31, and
GPSBabel Version 1.3.2 2006-10-24.

--
---